Wednesday 3 June 2009

Paisley Boulder Death - Iteration Uno

Since the first post of my 'game a week challenge' I have been checking out Emanuele Feronato's 'Designing the Structure of a Flash Game' articles. They are very cool if you are starting with Flash game design and know a little bit about AS3 (which is where I am at).

I have stolen the code that Emanuele foolishly offered for part 4 of the series as well as a lovely paisley pattern from squidfingers and messed around a bit. By the end of the week I want to try and get a dead basic version of a game I have just been playing on my iPhone called Cosmic Nitro. I reckon I can do even better than EF's final game in the structure series....here. :-)

Tomorrow I will get a version of this you can see. By the end of the week I hope to be able to give you a kind of guide of what I have made so that I can help noobs like myself. Next week I am gonna have to try something in Game Maker as I have to teach a beginner's lesson at the college I teach at in a couple of weeks.


Cheers EF.

No comments:

Post a Comment